With a maximum concurrent data rate of 1,300 Mbps in the 5GHz band and 300 Mbps in the 2.4GHz band (for an aggregate peak data rate of 1.6Gbps), the entry-level 300 Series brings an always-on wireless network experience with the performance required for enterprises. It is ideal for cost sensitive medium density environments across verticals. The high performance 802.11ac 300 Series supports multi‑user MIMO (MU-MIMO) and 3 spatial streams (3SS). It provides simultaneous data transmission to multiple devices (up to two), maximizing data throughput and improving network efficiency. The 300 Series includes the enhanced Client Match technology that extends the client steering technology with MU-MIMO client awareness. It automatically identifies MU-MIMO capable mobile devices and steers those devices to the closest MU-MIMO capable Aruba access point. By grouping MU-MIMO capable mobile devices together, the network starts taking advantage of the simultaneous transmission to these devices, increasing its overall capacity. These dynamic roaming policies that are based on device types, help customers achieve the best WLAN performance in a mixed device environment during the technology transition period.
• Dual Radio 802.11ac Access Point with Multi-User MIMO - Supports up to 1,300 Mbps in the 5GHz band (with 3SS/ VHT80 clients) and up to 300 Mbps in the 2.4GHz band (with 2SS/HT40 clients).
• Built-in Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) radio - Enables location-based services with BLE-enabled mobile devices receiving signals from multiple Aruba Beacons at the same time. - Enables management of your deployment of battery powered Aruba Beacons.
• One 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network interface (RJ-45) - Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX - 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
• USB 2.0 host interface (Type A connector)
• Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio - Up to 3dBm transmit power (class 2) and -92dBm receive sensitivity - Integrated antenna with roughly 30 degrees downtilt and peak gain of 3.4dBi (AP-305/IAP-305)
• Visual indicators (multi-color LEDs): for System and Radio status
• Reset button: factory reset (during device power up)
• Serial console interface (proprietary; optional adapter cable available)
• Kensington security slot